Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reflextion on Indian Way of Life

Hello Everyone,

So I find that, although I am not necessarily doing much after work, I am none the less, having problems finding the initiative to write my blogs!  As it gets hotter here, and I spend more time in India, I find myself falling into the Indian way of life style, a much calmer and relaxed way of life.  I found this to be the same in Niger and wonder if there is something about being in a non-western country that allows people to live a simpler way of life.  After all, to many Indian/Africans, life is rather simple; find work, feed your family, and live a good life according to the mores set forward to you. Now, I realize that these "simple" things are not always easy to find in a country with a billion and a half people, however the idea is there.  In the west we live chaotic lives where we always feel like we constantly have to keep moving...more work, more family, more food.  Being a New Yorker I find the Indian life style extremely strange and forgien to me and yet I am liking it non the less.  Perhaps if we could all learn to take things one notch down and live a simpler life, we would all be a bit happier.  Any who, going to reflect on this some more.  Will write later today about my whirlwind trip to Udaipur this past weekend!

Love and Miss you all,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment