Monday, January 10, 2011

Arrival in India

Hello All,

So I have arrived in India, and let me just tell you that it is cold!  Now I realize that in New York/Boston, or where ever you are, it is probably colder then New Delhi.  However, it is about 30 degrees at night here and none of the houses are equipped with heat.  Thus, are you sleeping in 30 degree weather at night without heat?....I didn't think so!  However, in about two months I will probably be complaining about the intense heat so it's all relative haha!  Any who, one of the funniest things that I found when I got to Delhi was Dominos! That's right, I had just flown half way around the world and was greeted by my friend saying "You must be hungry, we will order Dominos when we get back to my place."  To this my mouth went open and I said "They have Dominos Pizza here?" "Yes, we can even order online for delivery!" This is when  I realized that I was miles away from anywhere I had been, Africa or the USA.  A place where people are still huddled on the street and begging but you have movie theaters, world class shopping, and yes, even Dominos online ordering!

I have not seen much of India yet, but I can imagine that it will be a new experience that will teach me many things and will frustrate me often.  I am excited to see what happens  and look forward to sharing it with all of you.  I am off to Jaipur tomorrow and an excited and nervous about the new place and people.  I am so happy to have had my first experience in India with Sarah and it is a huge comfort to know that she will be only a train ride away!

I love you all and will blog about getting to Jaipur and starting the program later in the week!

Stay Warm, I know I will try to,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment